Green Prescription is a programme that provides support and motivation to adults 18 years and over, with the aim to improve their health through physical activity and healthy lifestyle changes. The free programme is delivered predominantly through phone support, however face to face meetings are available.
What support can your patients expect?
- Personal consultation and support.
- Personal action plans and goal setting - physical activity and basic nutrition if identified.
- Motivational support with regular contacts and accountability.
- Links to community activity providers; some discounts available.
- Resources provided on nutrition and physical activity options.
Criteria for referral
- 18 years and over.
- Ready to make changes to their lifestyle.
- Have stable medical conditions that could benefit from regular physical activity.
- Able and happy to be contacted.
- Not meeting the Ministry of Health physical activity guidelines of 150 minutes moderate exercise per week.
Priority populations for TDHB GRx support include diabetes, CVD, obesity, COPD, Māori.
How to refer a patient for support
- eReferral through Best Practice (preferred).
- Sport Taranaki website online referrals (For self-referral and health professionals).
- Direct email - firstname.lastname@example.org (include all patient contact details, DOB, ethnicity, and brief medical history).
Further details can be found on the information flyer (PDF).